Everycare West Kent – The importance of Home Care Training
The importance of staff home care training at Everycare West Kent.
Everycare (Tunbridge Wells-Tonbridge-Sevenoaks) places a major emphasis on training. Our corporate objective is to provide the very highest standard of home care services.
All our care staff and prospective cares are assessed ensuring that their training needs are fully evaluated and updated as required.
The Everycare training schedule for staff includes:
Before starting any work with us all staff will have received updated training on the following topics:
- Moving and handling guidelines and regulations.
- Compassion in the care setting.
- Safeguarding adults in care.
- Equality and diversity policy implementation.
- Principles of risk assessment and implementation.
- Fire safety and control.
- Infection control and monitoring.
- Mental Capacity Act.
- Health and Safety (COSHH and RIDDOR)
- Deprivation of Liberty.
- Managing challenging behaviour.
- Abuse and neglect Issues.
- Safe Food handling and management.
- Basic life support and first aid training.
- Dementia Care.
- Alzheimer awareness.
- Lone worker training.
- Report writing.
Individuals who are starting a career as a home care worker undertake at least 5 days of training, including work shadowing.
The role of the Everycare Home care and social care professional is to implement:
- Effective communication skills
- Equality and inclusion policy implementation
- Principles for implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding in health and social care
- Person-centred support
- Health and safety in an adult social care setting
- Personal development skills.
On-going update training
Everycare staff as a matter of course receive training to update their knowledge and care skills across a range of subjects.
Examples of further in-house specialist training provided to Everycare care staff.
- Stroke awareness
- Rituals and cultures
- Palliative care
- Bereavement and counselling
- Diabetes awareness
- Epilepsy awareness
- Malnutrition, diet and nutrition
- Mental health issues
Everycare encourages all our care professionals to undertake an active personal development plan and in particular encourages them to work towards their NVQ level 3 and to also attend external training courses to continually update and renew their care skills and knowledge.