Care for the elderly in Eastbourne – this winter
All of us can be affected by the cold winter weather. It is so important to look after yourself, friends and family. We hope you have taken advantage of the FREE flu jabs available for carers.
How to keep your home warm
Follow these tips to keep you and your family warm and well at home:
- if you’re not very mobile, are 65 or over, or have a health condition, such as heart or lung disease, heat your home to at least 18C (65F)
- keep your bedroom at 18C all night if you can – and keep the bedroom window closed
- during the day you may prefer your living room to be slightly warmer than 18C
- if you’re under 65, healthy and active, you can safely have your home cooler than 18C, if you’re comfortable
- draw curtains at dusk and keep doors closed to block out draughts
- get your heating system checked regularly by a qualified professional
For some more useful information and tips on keeping well this winter please visit the NHS website.